Publications Laura H. Burney
B.A., 1980, Trinity University (San Antonio)
J.D., 1984, St. Mary’s University
- The Dilemma of Double Fractions: Has Hysaw Resolved the Fixed v. Floating Non-Participating Royalty Interest Issue?, State Bar of Texas, 3rd Annual Oil, Gas and Mineral Title Examination (2016).
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Titles: Resolving Perenial Problems in the Shale Era, 62 U. Kan. L. Rev. 97 (2013).
- The Texas Supreme Court and Oil and Gas Jurisprudence: What Hath Wagner & Brown v. Sheppard Wrought? , 5 Tex. J. of Oil, Gas, and Energy L. 220 (2010).
- Interpreting Mineral and Royalty Deeds: The Legacy of the One-Eighth Royalty and Other Stories, 33 St. Mary's L. J. 1 (2001).
- Hydraulic Fracturing: Trespass or Rule of Capture?, 44 Rocky Mt. Min. L. Inst. 19-1 (1998)(co-author Professor of Geology Norman J. Hyne ).
- The Interaction of the Division Order and the Lease Royalty Clause , 28 St. Mary’s L. J. 353 (1997).
- A Pragmatic Approach to Decision Making in the Next Era of Oil and Gas Jurisprudence, 16 U. Utah J. Energy Nat. Resources & Environmental L. 1 (1996).
- The Regrettable Rebirth of the Two Grant Doctrine in Texas Deed Construction, 34 S. Tex. L. Rev. 73 (1993).
- Just Compensation and Condemnation of Future Interests: Empirical Evidence of the Failure of Fair Market Value, 1989 BYU L. Rev. 789 (1989).
- The Legal Implications of Express Lease Obligations: Do the Rules of Document Interpretation Provide Predictability?, 19 E. Mineral L. Inst. 86 (1998).
- “Oil, Gas, and Other Minerals” Clauses in Texas: Who’s On First? , 41 Sw. L. Rev. 695 (1987).
- Constitutional Law–Presidential Immunity–The President Is Absolutely Immune From Civil Damages Liability For Acts Done Within The “Outer Perimeter” of His Official Capacity (Note), 14 St. Mary’s L. J. 1145 (1983).