Publications David A. Grenardo
B.A., Rice University (1999)
J.D., Duke University School of Law (2002)
- Improving the Law School Classroom and Experience through Prayer: An Empirical Study, Ave Maria L. Rev. (forthcoming).
- An Uprising of Civility in Texas, 5 Hous. L. Rev. Off the Record 1 (2014).
- Why Should I Become An Associate At A Large Law Firm? And If I Do, Then What Should I Expect And How Do I Succeed Survive? 41 Rutgers L. Rev. 65 (2013-2014).
- Making Civility Mandatory: Moving from Aspired to Required, 11 Cardozo Pub. L. Pol’y & Ethics J. 239 (2013).
- Take One Step Forward: Federal Courts Continue To Find That Volunteers Are Shielded From Retaliation Based On Protected Speech Under The First Amendment, 10 First Amend. L. Rev. 97 (2011) (co-authored with Samuel D. Davis, and Thomas Gutting).
- Enforcing Civility: Holding Attorneys to a Higher Standard of Conduct (presented at CLE session Making Civility Mandatory: Holding Attorneys to a Higher Standard of Conduct), American Bar Association’s 39th Annual National Conference on Professional Responsibility, San Antonio, TX, May 31, 2013.
- Can Good Lawyers Finish First? - Civility and Success in Big Law (presentation co-sponored by BLSA and the Christian Legal Society of Duke University School of Law), Duke University School of Law, Durham, N.C., Feb. 6, 2014.
- How Low Can You Go? Analyzing Deposition Misconduct and Avoiding Common Deposition Mistakes (presented at CLE session Do You Have What It Takes to Win? ‘Jeopardy!’ Style Ethics Review), American Bar Association 2013 Environmental, Mass Torts and Products Liability Litigation Committees’ Joint CLE Seminar, Steamboat Springs, CO, February 1, 2013.
- Presenter, “Ethical and Malpractice Issues Associated with Estate/Tax Planning and Charitable Giving,” CLE Program sponsored by the Harry Chapin Food Bank, Fort Myers, FL, July 25, 2012.
- Tales From the Abyss: What Does It Take to Get Disbarred These Days? American Bar Association 2012 Environmental, Mass Torts and Products Liability Litigation Committees’ Joint CLE Seminar, Program Materials, January 2012.
- Debater, “Paying College Student-Athletes for Use of Their Likeness” – Debated against the late Paul Dee, former University Lecturer and Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Miami and former Athletic Director of the University of Miami, Ave Maria Sports Law Society, Naples, FL, November 7, 2011
- Ten Step Guide To Oral Argument for Junior Attorneys, San Francisco Daily Journal, June 8, 2010.
- Four Critical Tips for Taking Your First Witness, ABA Mass Torts Newsletter, Spring 2010.
- Be a Star Summer Associate – By Having A Purpose, LawCrossing, December 24, 2007 (co-authored).
- Recruiters Searching for Successful Lawyers Should Look Beyond Typical Traits, Los Angeles Daily Journal, October 1, 2007, at 6 (co-authored).
- Diversity’s Virtues, Los Angeles Daily Journal, September 7, 2007, at 6 (co-authored).
- Four-Step Guide for Junior Associates Choosing a Pro Bono Project, Los Angeles Daily Journal, New Lawyer Supp., May 30, 2007, at 8-9, 38.