Publications Albert H. Kauffman
B.S. 1971, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
J.D. 1974, University of Texas School of Law
- The Barriers and Route to Texas School Finance Equity, 1 Texas Education Rev. 27 (2013).
- San Antonio Bred Latino Rights Organizations, San Antonio Express News, Nov. 21, 2013.
- Voting Rights Provision Effective Tool, San Antonio Express News, June 27, 2013.
- Judge William Wayne Justice: A Life of Human Dignity and Refractory Mules, 41 St. Mary’s L. J. 215 (2010).
- Education and Minorities in the Modern Era: Working Civil Rights Into Practice, Policy and Procedure, 12 Scholar 101 (2010).
- Texas School Finance Litigation: Great Progress and Some Regression, in Institute for Educational Equity and Opportunity, at 109 to 155 in A Quality Education for Every Child: Stories from the Lawyers on the Front Lines (David Long, et al. ed., 2009).
- The Texas School Finance Litigation Saga: Great Progress, Then Near Death By A Thousand Cuts, 40 St. Mary’s L. J. 511 (2008).
- The Hopwood Case: What It Says and What It Doesn’t, chapter in Affirmative Action’s Testament of Hope: Strategies for a New Era in Higher Education by Mildred Garcia, State University of New York Press (1997).
- Accessibility to Comprehensive Higher Education in Texas, 31 The Social Science J. 263 (1994) (coauthored with Richard Jones).
- Applying Edgewood v. Kirby to Analysis of Fundamental Rights Under the Texas Constitution, 22 St. Mary’s L. J. 69 (1991) (coauthored with Carmen Rumbaut).
- Minority Concerns: A Response to TASP, Chapter in From Politics to Policy: A Case Study in Educational Reform, Matthews, Swanson, Kerker, Praeger Press, (New York, NY 1991).
- No Child Left Behind Act Resource Guide, The Civil Rights Project at Harvard (2004) (coauthored with Dan Losen).
- Texas School Finance Issue Before the Texas Supreme Court, St. Mary's University School of Law Homecoming CLE 2013, San Antonio, TX, March 22, 2013.
- Handout A: Judgement holding Texas school finance system unconstitutional, Feb. 4, 2013.
- Handout A: Exhibits used by Texas Taxpayer and Student Fairness parties at argument Feb. 4, 2013.
- Handout B: Exhibits used by MALDEF at argument Feb. 4, 2013.
- Important Cases Before the United States Supreme Court, St. Mary's University School of Law Homecoming CLE 2012, San Antonio, TX, March 23, 2012.