Publications Robert William "Bill" Piatt
B.A., 1972, Eastern New Mexico University
J.D., 1975, University of New Mexico
- Border Wars & The New Texas Navy: International Treaties, Waterways, and State Sovereignty after Arizona v. United States, 15 Scholar 535 (2013) (coauthored with Rachel Ambler).
- Reinventing the Wheel: Constructing Ethical Approaches to State Indigent Legal Defense Systems, 2 St. Mary's J. L. Malpractice & Ethics 372 (2012).
- Catholic Legal Perspectives (Durham, NC: Carolina Academic Press, 2012).
- Attorney as Interpreter, chapter in The Latino Condition, edited by Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic (New York, NY: New York University Press, 2nd ed., 2011).
- Catholicism and Constitutional Law: More than Privacy in the Prenumbras, 7 J. Catholic Social Thought 337 (2010).
- New Legal Rights in the Legal System of the United States of America, 15 E. Afr. J. Peace & Hum. Rts. 261 (2009) (coauthored with Roberto Rosas).
- Gender Segregation in the Public Schools: Opportunity, Inequality, or Both?, 4 Scholar 11 (2009).
- Immigration Reform from the Outside In, 10 Scholar 269 (2008).
- Loose Lips Sink Attorney-Client Ships: Unintended Technological Disclosure of Confidential Communications, 29 St. Mary's L. J. 781 (2008) (coauthored with Paula DeWitte).
- Los Nuevos Derechos en el Sistema Juridico de Estados Unidos, 16 Iuris Tantum 331 (2005) (coauthored with Roberto Rosas).
- St. Mary's Law School: A Status Report, The San Antonio Lawyer, Jan./Feb. 2000, at 15.
- Appellate Law in the New Millennium: Bridging Theoretical Foundation with Practical Application, 30 St. Mary's L. J. 987 (1999).
- Black and Brown in America (New York, NY: New York University Press, 1997).
- Language on the Job: Blanacing Business Needs and Employee Rights (Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press, 1993).
- ?Only English? Law and Language Policy in the United States (Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press, 1992).
- Toward Domestic Recognition of a Human Right to Language, 23 Hous. L. Rev. 885 (1986).
- Non-Refundable Attorneys Fees, St. Mary's University School of Law Homecoming CLE 2014, San Antonio, TX, March 21, 2014.
- Catholic Legal Perspectives, St. Mary's University School of Law Homecoming CLE 2013, San Antonio, TX, March 22, 2013.
- The Future of Legal Education, Texas Lawyer (Oct. 21, 2013) http://www.texaslawyer.com/id=1202624123079/The-Future-of-Legal-Education .
- Reversing the Downward Law School Spiral, Texas Lawyer (Sept. 9, 2013) http://www.texaslawyer.com/id=1202618258872/Reversing-the-Downward-Law-School-Spiral .
- Educating the Next Generation of Texas Lawyers, Texas Lawyer (Aug. 19, 2013) http://www.texaslawyer.com/id=1202615759059/Educating-the-Next-Generation-of-Texas-Lawyers .