Publications Willy E. Rice
B.A., 1970, University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa
M.A., 1972, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Ph.D, 1975, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Postdoctoral Fellow in Law, Psychiatry and Statistics, 1977, The Johns Hopkins University
J.D., 1982, University of Texas at Austin
- Contract Law: Practice, Interpretation, and Enforcement (Cognella Academic Publishing 2014).
- Fire Losses and Conflicting Judicial Rulings Over Whether Property Insurers Must Indemnify Insureds and Pay Third-Party Claims - Some Implications for Wildfire Litigation in Texas's Courts, 1 Tex. Wesleyan J. Real Prop. 31 (2012).
- Allegedly "Biased," "Intimidating," and "Incompetent" State Court Judges and the Questionable Removal of State Law Class Actions to Purportedly "Impartial" and "Competent" Federal Courts - A Historical Perspective and an Empirical Analysis of Class Action Dispositioons in Federal and State Courts, 1925-2011, 3 Wm. & Mary Bus. L. Rev. 419 (2012).
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit: A Selective Review and Analysis of the Panels' 2010-2011 Insurance Law Options, 44 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 733 (2012).
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit: A Review of Selected 2009-2010 Insurance Decisions, 43 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 971 (2011).
- Consumer Litigation and Insurance Defense (2nd revised ed., 2011).
- Consumer Litigation Supplement: Insurance Forms (2009).
- Consumer Litigation: Under Texas Insurance Code and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, Materials and Cases from Texas Courts and the Fifth Circuit (1st ed., 2009).
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit: A Review of 2007-2008 Insurance Decisions, 41 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 1013 (2009).
- Destroyed Community Property, Damaged Persons, and Insurers' Duty to Indemnify Innocent Spouses and Other Co-Insured Fiduciaries: An Attempt to Harmonize Conflicting Federal and State Courts' Declaratory Judgments, 2 Estate Planning & Community Propery L. J. 63 (2009).
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit: A Legal Analysis and Statistical Review of 2005-2006 Insurance Decisions, 39 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 843 (2007).
- The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit’s 2004-2005 Insurance Decisions — A Review & An Empirical Analysis, 37 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 821 (2006).
- Questionable Summary Judgments, Appearances of Judicial Bias and Insurance Defense in Texas Declaratory-Judgment Trials: A Proposal and Arguments for Revising Texas Rules of Civil Procedure 166-A (a) (b) (i), 36 St. Mary's L. J. 535 (2005).
- Insurance Decisions — A Survey & An Empirical Analysis of the Fifth Circuit’s 2002-2003 Decisions, 35 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 947 (2004).
- “Commercial Terrorism” From The Transatlantic Slave Trade To The World Trade Center Disaster: Are Insurance Companies & Judges “Aiders And Abettors” Of Terror? A Critical Analysis Of American And British Courts’ Declaratory And Equitable Actions, 1654-2002, 6 Scholar 1 (2003).
- Insurance Contracts and Judicial Discord Over Whether Liability Insurers' Must Defend Insureds' Allegedly Intentional and Immoral Conduct: A Historical and Empirical Review of Federal and State Courts' Declaratory Judgments - 1900-1997, 47 Am. U. L. Rev. 1131 (1998).
- Race, Gender, "Redlining," and the Discriminatory Access to Loans, Credit, and Insurance: An Historical and Empirical Analysis of Consumers Who Sued Lenders and Insurers in Federal and State Courts, 1950-1995, 33 San Diego L. Rev. 583 (1996).
- Federal Courts and the Regulation of the Insurance Industry: An Empirical and Historical Analysis of Courts' Ineffectual Attempts to Harmonize Federal Antitrust, Arbitration, and Insolvency Statutes with the McCarran-Ferguson Act - 1941-1993, 43 Cath. U. L. Rev. 309 (1994).
- Judicial Bias, The Insurance Industry and Consumer Protection: An Empirical Analysis of State Supreme Courts' Bad-Faith, Breach-of-Contract, Breach-of-Covenant-of-Good-Faith and Excess-Judgment Decisions, 1900-1991, 41 Cath. U. L. Rev. 325 (1991-1992).