Publications David A. Schlueter
B.A., 1969, Texas A&M University
J.D., 1971, Baylor University
LL.M., 1981, University of Virginia
Publications - Articles:
- A Commander's Role: Status Quo, Limited, None?, San Antonio Express News, Oct. 25, 2013.
- The Co-Author Prenup, 44 St. Mary's L. J. 451 (2013).
- The Military Justice Conundrum: Justice or Discipline?, 215 Mil. L. Rev. 1 (2013).
- Rules Amended as of December 2010, 26 Crim. Just. 65 (2011-2012).
- Federal Rules Pending Public Comment, 26 Crim. Just. 52 (2011-2012).
- How Rules are Made: A Brief Review, 25 Crim. Just. 67 (2010-2011).
- Innovation or Renovation in Criminal Procedure: Is the World Moving Toward a New Model of Adjudication?, 27 Ariz. J. Int'l & Comp. L. 693 (2010).
- Amendments to the Federal Rules of Procedure and Evidence, 24 Crim. Just. 61 (2009-2010).
- Technology-Related Rules, 24 Crim. Just. 72 (2009-2010).
- Criminal Rules Amendments Effective as of December 2007, 23 Crim. Just. 52 (2008-2009).
- How Rules are Made - A Brief Review, 23 Crim. Just. 56 (2008-2009).
- How Rules are Made - A Brief Review, 22 Crim. Just. 56 (2007-2008).
- How Rules are Made: A Brief Review, 21 Crim. Just. 55 (2006-2007).
- Criminal Procedure Rules Pending Public Comment, 21 Crim. Just. 45 (2006-2007).
- Who Makes the Rules?, 20 Crim. Just. 58 (2005-2006).
- Evidentiary Tactics: Selecting the "Best" Evidence to Simplify the Case, 19 Crim. Just. 20 (2004-2005) (coauthored with Edward J. Imwinkelried).
- A Call for Comment: Restyling and Amending the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, 15 Crim. Just. 19 (2000-2001).
- Gays and Lesbians in the Military: A Rationally Based Solution to a Legal Rubik's Cube, 29 Wake Forest L. Rev. 393 (1994).
- Evidence, 22 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 573 (1991).
- The Twentieth Annual Kenneth J. Hodson Lecture: Military Justice for the 1990's - A Legal System Looking for Respect, 133 Mil. L. Rev. 1 (1991).
- Evidence, 20 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 427 (1989).
- When Soldiers are Defendants: In Whose Court Do They Belong? The Solorio Decision Changes the Rules, 3 Crim. Just. 14 (1988-1989).
- Criminal Law and Procedure, 19 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 483 (1988).
- Investigative Detentions for Purposes of Fingerprinting, Army L., Oct 1988, at 10.
- Do We Need a Parent-Child Privilege - No, 2 Crim. Just. 10 (1987-1988).
- The Parent-Child Privilege: A Response to Calls for Adoption, 19 St. Mary's L. J. 35 (1987-1988).
- Brief, U.S. v. Salerno (1986).
- Federalism and Supreme Court Review of Expansive State Court Decisions: A Response to Unfortunate Impressions, 11 Hastings Const. L. Q. 523 (1984).
- Judicial Federalism and Supreme Court Review of State Court Decisions: A Sensible Balance Emerges, 59 Notre Dame L. Rev. 1079 (1983-1984).
- Court-Martial Jurisdiction: An Expansion of the Least Possible Power, 73 J. Crim. L. & Criminology 74 (1982).
- The Court-Martial: An Historical Survey, 87 Mil. L. Rev. 129 (1980).
- Tempia, Turner, McOmber and the Military Rule of Evidence: A Right to Counsel Trio with the New Look, Army L., April 1980, at 1.
- Bodily Evidence and Rule 312, M.R.E., Army L., May 1980, at 35.
- Personal Jurisdiction Under Article 2, UCMJ Wither Russo, Catlow, and Brown?, Army L., Dec 1979, at 3.
- Wagner, Valadez, and Harrison: A Definitive Enlistment Trilogy, Army L., Jan. 1979, at 4.
- The Enlistment Contract: A Uniform Approach, 77 Mil. L. Rev. 1 (1977).
- Captains' Advisory Council Notes, Army L., Nov. 1974, at 21.
Publications - Books:
- Mock Trial Case Files and Problems (Lexis Nexis 2014).
- Military Evidence Foundations (Matthew Bender & Co., 2013) (coauthored with Saltzburg, Schinasi, and Imwinkelried).
- Federal Criminal Procedure Litigation Manual (2013) (coauthored with Stephen A. Saltzburg).
- Texas Rules of Evidence Manual (9th ed., 2012) (coauthored with J. Schleuter).
- Military Criminal Justice: Practice and Procedure (8th ed., 2012).
- Texas Rules of Evidence Manual (8th ed., 2011 Cumulative Supplement Juris 2011) (coauthored with Robert R. Barton).
- Military Rules of Evidence (7th ed.).
- Texas Evidentiary Foundations (4th ed., 2011).
- Military Evidentiary Foundations (3d ed., 2007).
- Military Crimes and Defenses (2007) (and supplement 2013).
- 1-2 Military Rules of Evidence Manual (6th ed., 2006).
- Texas Rules of Evidence Manual (7th ed., 2005) (and supplement 2006).
- Texas Evidentiary Foundations (3d ed., 2005).
- Military Criminal Justice: Practice and Procedure (6th ed, 2004) (and supplement 2005).
- Federal Evidence Tactics (1997) (and supplements 2005, 2006, 2007, 2013) (coauthored with Edward J. Imwinkelried).
- A White Paper on the Proposed Amendments to the UCMJ, presentation to the United States Senate Armed Services Committee, Nov. 2013.
- Evidence Update: Opinion Testimony, St. Mary's University School of Law Homecoming CLE 2013, San Antonio, TX, March 22, 2013.
- Evidence Update Opinion Testimony, St. Mary's University School of Law Homecoming CLE 2011, San Antonio, TX, March 11, 2011.